Healthier Through Weight Loss Surgery
Safe weight loss requires a strong commitment from the patient and the team of medical experts providing care. Education, one-on-one counseling, complete medical exams and testing, and continued support are our top priorities because these interactions help our patients understand the requirements, responsibilities, and benefits of our weight loss program.
Cayuga Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery works in conjunction with the Cayuga Center for Healthy Living to ensure safe, comprehensive continuum of care. This comprehensive approach and ongoing commitment is what sets our bariatric program distinctly apart from other such programs.
Go ahead, browse our website and see how our program can help your goals become a reality! Check out the various resources we offer to help support you for a lifetime, and don’t miss the real patient story links below to learn why so many choose us and see how they are doing now!
Congratulations on taking the first step toward a permanent solution to your obesity and related medical conditions. We are looking forward to speaking with you to help you understand how bariatric surgery may be the right tool for you!
Bariatric Seminar VOD
- Just give us a call at (607) 258-5642! We understand that you may have lots of questions or maybe not even know what to ask- it’s ok. We are ready to explain your options and get the answers you need.
- Talk to your doctor. We’ll work closely with your doctor as you prepare for bariatric surgery, and after, so go ahead and let your doctor know you’re considering bariatric surgery. Your doctor can even refer you to our program as a way to get started- once we receive the referral, we will give you a call!
- Call your insurance company. Ask if you have benefits that cover weight loss surgery. It’s best to understand what your insurance policy covers related to bariatric surgery and related visits such as those with the dietitian.
- You will participate in a series of consultations prior to surgery. These consultations include visits with a surgeon, and our team of dietitians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other specialists. Together you will develop an individual plan for addressing your weight loss and other health-related concerns.
- During preparation for bariatric surgery you’ll learn more about strategies to help you succeed with weight loss after surgery.
- Attending our bariatric support group meetings provides you with important information. In the preoperative phase, meeting with this group also gives you the chance to learn about successful surgery outcomes and effective coping strategies.
- At Cayuga Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Once you have had your surgery, continued, routine follow up is key to minimizing the risks of complications and ensuring support for your success.
- At the Cayuga Center for Healthy Living
Our staff will help you stay healthy and learn to create a healthier environment in which to live. We will also help you cope with any health problems by providing guidance and medical treatment. Increased physical activity is an important component of success after weight loss surgery. Patients may be referred to a supervised program in order to help establish a daily exercise routine. Many of our patients find the medically supervised exercise and aquatic exercise classes offered through the Cayuga Center for Healthy Living, to be very helpful and enjoyable.
310 Taughannock Blvd.
Ithaca, NY 14850