Providing you at-home medical appointments (ages 5+)
Cayuga Virtual Care allows you to receive care from a provider located elsewhere. You can use your computer, tablet or smartphone to communicate with a provider about primary, specialty and urgent care needs including evaluation of new symptoms, prescription refills, follow-up care and more. Ages 5+ and able to communicate. Parent present during appointment for anyone under 18 years of age.
Virtual visits for:
Back pain- non traumatic
Eye irritation without injury
High blood pressure (without symptoms)
Influenza symptoms or testing
Medication Refills (no controlled substances)
Sexually Transmitted Infection/Pregnancy Testing
Sinusitis or sinus congestion
Travel or school titers
Please go to Cayuga Immediate Care for:
Minor bone/joint injuries
Burns – minor
Eye – drainage/foreign body
Facial lacerations – minor
Sexually transmitted infections
Wound check/packing changes
Workers Comp Injuries (1st visit)
Please go to Emergency Department for:
Chest pain, nausea, and shortness of breath
Severe abdominal pain
Motor vehicle accidents with spine injury
Sudden, severe headache
Loss of consciousness or inability to talk
Limb numbness, tingling, or clumsiness
Bleeding/cramping in pregnancy
Head or neck injury
Moderate to severe shortness of breath
Assault, including sexual assault
Infants less than 6 weeks of age
High fever especially in children 8 weeks of age
The telemedicine services in the Cayuga Virtual Care provide a secure digital link for patients to have an in-home or off-site medical visit with their health care providers.
- A smart phone, tablet or computer with video and webcam functions and an internet connection are needed to use telemedicine.
- Telemedicine uses a two-way audio and high-definition video link so patients and providers can see each other and discuss a health concern.
- Primary care and specialty care physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants at both Cayuga Health Partners, Cayuga Medical Center and Schuyler Hospital provide telemedicine services.
Virtual visits are conducted using a secure Zoom session.
Please be sure you have the Zoom application installed on your phone or computer before your visit. Instructions for installing Zoom are located below. Please log into your visit a few minutes early to make sure your video and sound are working.
You will be placed in a waiting room until your provider is ready to join the appointment; please wait for the provider. While waiting, please turn on your video so we can better care for you. We will be with you as quickly as possible.
If you have difficulties logging into Zoom at the time of your visit, please call 607-319-5900 and let them know you are scheduled for a Virtual Care Appointment.
There is a link in the appointment details if you must cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you are taking medications, please be prepared to share a list with your provider during your visit. If you don’t have Zoom installed on your device, here are instructions on how to install:
- If you are using a smart phone or tablet:
- For iPad, iPhone or Mac product, please go to the App Store and Search > Zoom, then select “Get” and then install
- For Android phones go to Google Play store ·Search > Zoom Install
Medical_Records@cayugamedicalassoicates.org or 607-277-2365, option 6
How to contact Patient Billing – 607-882-0010