COVID-19 Testing Fees and Coverage
To see if your test will be covered or if payment will be required for testing at the Cayuga Health Mass Sampling Site please refer to the details below.
1. Medically Necessary
Medically necessary tests are covered by your insurance or other assistance programs if you have no insurance. Medically necessary tests include the following situations:
- Individual has developed symptoms related to COVID-19
- Fever or chills
- Cough or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose or sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Individual has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Individual has an upcoming procedure at Cayuga Medical Center
For individuals with Medicare or Medicaid, all testing qualifies as medically necessary regardless of the above details.
2. Contract Organizations
Businesses who contract with Cayuga Health directly for employee testing. Please contact Tracy Gates, email@example.com, if you would like to establish testing for your business.
3. Tompkins County Residents
In partnership with Tompkins County, surveillance testing of all Tompkins County residents is available, and costs are covered without the requirement of being medically necessary.
4. Non-Tompkins County Residents
For those individuals that do not meet the above criteria for testing, either as medically necessary or a contracted organization, and would like to be tested a $99 option is available.
Payment is required at the time of service. Credit card payment is the only form of payment accepted, please have payment ready when you arrive.
To learn more about testing for COVID-19, please call your health care provider directly or the Cayuga Health COVID-19 Sampling Line at 607-319-5708.